HIMAA offers a range of career-enhancing opportunities by providing forums for health information professionals to discuss and solve challenges facing the industry. The main types of HIMAA groups include:
Committees progress the work of the HIMAA Strategic Plan or a core function of the Association. Participation is by invitation or expression of interest and only open to HIMAA members.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Special interest groups (SIGs) focus on a particular area of the industry and encourage information sharing and thought provoking discussions. HIMAA members are allowed to freely join and participate in the SIGs.
Branches are based at the local state level and provide professional development events, networking opportunities and peer support. Events are open to both members and non-members to allow people from outside the industry to engage with our profession – HIMAA members receive a discount.
Key positions on these groups require individuals willing to contribute to their industry and who can contribute a portion of their time to progress the work of the group.
Vacancies on these groups are generally addressed through an expression of interest (EOI) process where HIMAA members can put their nomination forward to participate. EOIs will be posted below for upcoming vacancies – be sure to keep an eye out for positions for opportunities to get involved and make a difference.
Applications should address any criteria set out in the position description provided and can be sent, with current resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
HIMAA is a recognised national member-based professional body for health information management professionals located in North Ryde NSW. It is a not-for-profit organisation and is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the members and has been serving the health information management profession since 1949.
To provide high level administration and coordination support to the Chief Executive Officer and secretariat support for the Board, executive team, committees and special interest groups.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Managing general enquiries to the CEO’s office, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and customer service is provided to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attending Board and committee meetings and recording minutes for the Company Secretary.
- Developing and maintaining a range of administration and record management systems, including CEO information management, due diligence processing and maintenance of registers on decisions endorsed by the Board, and an active list of actions arising from Board, Committee Chairs and Staff meetings.
- Coordinating the administration of the Annual General Meetings and elections, Extraordinary General Meetings and votes
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the CEO, Board and committee chairs, and staff
- Developing and managing an active stakeholder engagement plan with a supporting database
- Coordinating the compilation and publication of HIMAA’s annual report.
- General office management support as required.
We are seeking an experienced administrator who is highly organised and a team player, with effective communication skills and a clear writing style. The applicant must have the ability to prioritise tasks and conflicting workloads, ensuring timelines are met without compromising quality standards. Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Office Suite to assist with efficient production of materials and setting up meetings through Teams is essential.
For details of the Position Description, please click on the button below.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a high-profile health information management professional organisation with recognised specialists at all levels of the healthcare system where progressive leadership, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and accountability are valued.
Benefits of working at HIMAA include
- Flexible hours
- Free onsite parking
- Close to public transport
- Work life balance with opportunity to arrange working from home.
- Salary sacrifice packaging.
- Undertaking work that supports health professionals to positively impact the health and wellbeing of Australians.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 2 years with an option to extend.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Essential Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description.
Please forward your application and CV to HR@himaa.org.au by 5pm AEST Monday 11 January 2021.