HIMAA offers a range of career-enhancing opportunities by providing forums for health information professionals to discuss and solve challenges facing the industry. The main types of HIMAA groups include:
Committees progress the work of the HIMAA Strategic Plan and are a core function of the Association. Participation is by invitation or expression of interest and only open to HIMAA members.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) focus on a particular area of the industry and encourage information sharing and thought-provoking discussion. HIMAA members are allowed to freely join and participate in the SIGs.
Branches are based at the local state level and provide professional development events, networking opportunities and peer support. Events are open to both members and non-members to allow people from outside the industry to engage with our profession – HIMAA members receive a discount.
Key positions in these groups require individuals willing to contribute to their industry who can contribute a portion of their time to progress the work of the group.
Vacancies are addressed through an expression of interest (EOI) process where HIMAA members can put their nominations forward to participate. EOIs will be posted below for upcoming vacancies – be sure to keep an eye out for positions for opportunities to get involved and make a difference.
Applications should address any criteria set out in the position description provided and can be sent with a current resume to email@example.com
The national HIMAA Conference is our flagship Health Information Management event, receiving local and international recognition for the quality of content and high relevance to the industry.
The Conference and Events Committee (CEC) is chaired by the HIMAA CEO along with Board member representatives and other interested and experienced members. The Committee is committed to supporting the shaping of the HIMAA Conference agenda based on industry needs and opportunities for HIM profession advocacy.
The CEC is seeking one appointment for the role of Senior HIM Representative – Coding Stream, based in Victoria.
The Senior HIM Representative – Coding Stream is responsible for sourcing out Clinical Speakers in consultation with the HIMAA Education Services Director to deliver the Clinical Updates Sessions at the Conference. As the 2021 HIMAA Conference is planned to be held in Melbourne, the CEC is seeking a local representative.
To read more about the role and responsibilities, please click on the button below. The Terms of Reference for the Conference and Education Committee can be viewed here
This placement will be appointed annually for a fixed period of one year.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Senior HIM Representative – Coding Stream, please submit an Expression of Interest firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading EOI HIMAA Conference Committee – Senior HIM Representative – Coding Stream.
Deadline for HIMAA to receive applications is 5pm (AEST) Friday, 26 February 2021
Closes: 5pm (AEST) Friday, 26 February 2021
The HIMAA Finance and Risk Management Committee is looking for a Member Representative to join and participate in the Committee.
FARM meets once a month between 1-3 hours depending on organisational requirements. Meetings are conducted virtually.
Ideally successful applicants will have experience in or the ability to acquire knowledge in budget, finance and risk management. You may view the Terms of Reference by clicking on the button below.
If you are interested in contributing to HIMAA, please send a brief email to the CEO at email@example.com by close of business, 21 February 2021.
Do not miss the opportunity to be a part of this dynamic committee offering opportunity to shape and promote the HIM profession.
Closes: Sunday, 21 February 2021
Expressions of interest are called from persons interested in membership of the Editorial Board of the Health Information Management Journal (HIMJ) and Health Information Management Interchange Journal (HIM-I).
The Health Information Management Journal (HIMJ) is the official peer-reviewed research journal of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA). HIMJ publishes national and international research, has an impact factor of 1.83 and is published by Sage (https://journals.sagepub.com/home/him). HIM-I is the professional practice journal of HIMAA (https://himaa.org.au/journals/#1569814050111-6df60bd4-d748).
Both HIMJ and HIM-I provide platforms for the dissemination of knowledge and research covering a broad range of topics related to the management and communication of health information including: clinical and administrative health information systems at international, national, hospital and health practice levels; electronic health records; privacy and confidentiality; health classifications and terminologies; health systems, funding and resources management; consumer health informatics; public and population health information management; information technology implementation and evaluation and health information management education.
The role of Editorial Board members is to:
- Provide input on the scope and direction of HIMJ with particular attention to its quality, international standing and impact as a research journal
- Provide input on the scope and direction of HIM-Interchange with particular attention to its role as a professional practice journal for Australian health information management workers
- Provide expertise on research and professional practices related to the management of health information,
- Identify suitable reviewers for articles submitted to HIMJ
- Participate as reviewers for articles submitted to HIMJ
- Solicit contributions for HIMJ and HIM-Interchange
- Advocate through local networks and develop promotion strategies for the journals
- The Editorial Board meets once a year at an all day face to face meeting (in person or via zoom) and a further three times a year electronically for 1 to 1.5 hours
- Qualification(s) in a health-related area (for example, health information management, medicine, nursing, allied health, public health, health services management, health computing, health statistics, health informatics etc)
- Work experience in health services and/or health related research
- Interest in undertaking health related research
- Interest and/or experience in publishing research in national and international journals and presenting research at conferences/seminars
- Interest in advancing the knowledge domain of health information management both locally and internationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Expressions of interest should include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a curriculum vitae (with two referees). The covering letter and CV should be sent to Sue Walker, Chair of Editorial Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
All expressions of interest will be treated with strict confidence.
Further enquiries can be directed to Dr Joan Henderson, email@example.com
Expressions of interest close on Wednesday 31st March 2021.
To see the terms and conditions of this committee, please click on the button below: