- Posted by:
Statutory Reporting and Transcription Manager
The Royal Melbourne Hospital – Parkville VIC
- Full time, fixed term until May 2022 - 80 hours per fortnight including ADO
- A Health Information Manager leadership role with The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Join the Parkville Precinct and collaborate with precinct teams to achieve optimal results
- Advise on and guide accurate and timely reporting
Your new team
The Statutory Reporting, Transcription and Forms Manager is responsible for the oversight of HIS statutory reporting datasets and ensuring accurate data entry to support this reporting, provision of RMH’s transcription service and medical record forms development and maintenance. We support a collaborative working environment across all campuses to guide data integrity and accuracy.
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Manage the Statutory Reporting and Transcription teams within HIS
- Operate and maintain computerised health information systems, including the patient administration system (iPM), digital medical record system, EMR and any other relevant system used by Health Information Services
- Ensure PAS (iPM) development and system changes are fit for purpose and can integrate appropriately with EMR
- Responsible for monitoring patient movement across MH PAS (iPM) and Epic and ensuring that users action movements correctly, provide feedback and re-training where necessary
- Representation and promotion of Statutory Reporting and Transcription team requirements through participation in interdepartmental and organisational committees and meetings
- Minimum qualification Bachelor of Health Information Management
- The successful applicant will have excellent attention to detail and an appreciation for high data quality
- Ability to independently manage a small yet diverse team of approximately 5 EFT.
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing systems, responsibilities and reporting requirements and guide the team through these changes
- Analysis of data and effective feedback to improve on data reporting outcomes
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.