- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Murdoch Hospital is seeking a Senior Health Information Officer to join the
Health Information Services team. As a Senior Health Information Officer, you will act as a Team Leader and provide support to the Manager and Health Information Services team, to ensure timely delivery of a quality Health Record / Health Information Service to key internal and external customers.
This position will be offered on a permanent part time basis, working 32 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Progression towards or completion of a degree in Bachelor of Science - Health Information Management, or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and research skills.
- Experience in use of patient information systems, word processing, spreadsheets and database/data reporting software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and processes.
- A knowledge of form design standards in line with Australian Standards
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies