- Posted by:
Senior Health Information Manager
Herston, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
Senior Health Information Manager at new specialist public health facility!
Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS) is a new greenfield and digital, specialist public health facility which is due to open in 2020. It has been designed to deliver a range of new and expanded healthcare services to meet demand and increase patient access to specialist rehabilitation services, elective surgical and endoscopy procedural services.
STARS is a new 182-bed facility that couples complex rehabilitation and specialist elective surgical services and procedures in a planned procedure environment to provide patients with greater access to care in clinically recommended timeframes.
We are building a team to deliver exceptional healthcare at STARS for Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS) – Australia’s biggest, best and nicest health service.
Based in Herston, STARS also forms part of the Herston Health Precinct – home to a collaborative community of 13,000 staff including clinicians and healthcare professionals, researchers and students.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with Metro North Hospital and Health Service’s core values, as outlined above.
- Initiate, manage and participate in quality improvement activities and initiatives.
- Participate in the Coder-Clinician Liaison (CCL) program to clarify coding and SNAP queries and improve documentation.
- Participate in targeted Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) reviews and other coding audits for data quality improvement purposes.
- Manage own continuous knowledge of clinical coding, ABF, and performance monitoring including new developments, legislation, and industry standards.
- Undertake clinical record management workflow review, auditing and analysis of clinical documentation and develop strategies to address deficits in current practice.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the Role Description on SmartJobs.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro North employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Job ad reference number – STR357708
Close date – Monday, 30 November 2020