- March 20, 2020
- Posted by:
Senior Health Information Manager (Privacy, Freedom of Information, Medical Transcription)
St Vincent’s Public Hospital - Fitzroy Campus
About St Vincent’s
St. Vincent’s is part of the Sisters of Charity, the largest not-for-profit health service network in Australia. St. Vincent’s comprises of over 19 sites across metropolitan Melbourne, including but not limited to locations in Kew, Fitzroy, and Correctional Health.
As one of the world’s top 100 hospitals, St Vincent’s core business is patient care delivery, research and education.
St. Vincent’s operates approximately 880 beds and provides an extensive range of high-level clinical services including acute, sub-acute, allied health, correctional health, aged and palliative care.
St. Vincent’s employs over 6000 staff who deliver excellence in health care and continue the mission of the Sisters of Charity through the values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
About the Department
This position works within the Health Information Services department alongside 21 other Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders. St Vincent’s utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. We have a Coding Manager, Coding Auditors and Educators within our team and a comprehensive training program is undertaken for all new staff. The option to work some hours from home is offered to our experienced staff.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, St Vincent’s offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU.
HIS is also responsible overseeing the release of patient information in accordance with Freedom of Information (FOI) and other relevant privacy legislation. Other core functions include, statutory data reporting, management of SVHM dictation service, and forms design.
An exciting and varied senior position is being offered to a hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic Health Information Manager who would like an opportunity to further their experience in operational and staff management within Health Information Services (HIS) at St. Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM).
- Full time (with ADO entitlement)
- Management of the SVHM Transcription Service
- Manage the release of patient information within HIS at SVHM, including Freedom of Information (FOI) and Patient Information Request Line (PIRL) service
- Privacy Officer for SVHM
- Oversee SVHM forms including content, design and coordination of SVHM committee
- Provide accurate and timely clinical classification of inpatient episodes
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualification in Health Information Management
- Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Health Information Manager including coding
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills and attention to detail
- Sound understanding and application of legislation in relation to release of patient information and privacy (desirable)
- Previous staff management and/or HIS operational experience (desirable)
- Previous experience with medical record forms process and design (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Health Centre
- Staff Car Park
Manager, Health Information Services
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
To apply please go to https://svha.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SVHA_SVHM