- March 20, 2020
- Posted by:
About St Vincent’s
St. Vincent’s is part of the Sisters of Charity, the largest not-for-profit health service network in Australia. St. Vincent’s comprises of over 19 sites across metropolitan Melbourne, including but not limited to locations in Kew, Fitzroy, and Correctional Health.
As one of the world’s top 100 hospitals, St Vincent’s core business is patient care delivery, research and education.
St. Vincent’s operates approximately 880 beds and provides an extensive range of high-level clinical services including acute, sub-acute, allied health, correctional health, aged and palliative care.
St. Vincent’s employs over 6000 staff who deliver excellence in health care and continue the mission of the Sisters of Charity through the values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
About the Department
This position works within the Health Information Services department alongside 21 other Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders. St Vincent’s utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. We have a Coding Manager, Coding Auditors and Educators within our team and a comprehensive training program is undertaken for all new staff. The option to work some hours from home is offered to our experienced staff.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, St Vincent’s offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU.
• Permanent full-time (with ADO entitlement)
This is a newly created senior position for an experienced Health Information Manager.
St Vincent’s is working through a continuous improvement movement. Integral to improved patient care is timely, accurate and clear clinical documentation. This isan exciting opportunity to initiate and develop the clinical documentation improvement (CDI) program at SVHM, through engagement and collaboration with clinical teams and HIS to improve documentation practices.
• Clinical coding and auditing
• Development of Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) program to engage with clinical staff, review clinical documentation at the point of care and provide education to improve documentation practices
• Ad hoc projects as required
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Health Information Management, Nursing, Allied Health, Medicine within New Zealand or Australia and completion of clinical coding course (where applicable).
• Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (desirable)
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Health Information Manager including substantial coding
• Experience of a varied Casemix (tertiary hospital experience)
• Clinical Documentation Specialist Certification (desirable)
• Salary packaging
• Employee Assistance Program
• Staff Health Centre
• Staff Car Parking
Manager – Health Information Services
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
To apply please go to https://svha.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SVHA_SVHM