- July 2, 2020
- Posted by:
Details of the role
The Senior Health Information Manager provides expert advice to the Hospital and Health Service on matters relating to Health Information and Privacy management including Release of Information, Clinical Classification and Data Management, and Clinical Information Systems.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service are seeking an experienced Senior Health Information Manager for a temporary period from 03 August 2020 to 06 December 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Note: Although the preference would be to have someone located within Mackay HHS, this position could be undertaken remotely and potentially from another Health Service or private residence.
Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management) or equivalent and eligibility for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) are mandatory for appointment to this position.
How you will be assessed:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, evaluate and consult on all facets of a health information management service.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction in relation to technology, techniques, systems, practices and strategies in relation to health information and clinical data management together with demonstrated ability to participate in a team environment and work autonomously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of activity based (casemix) funding and its relationship with Diagnosis Related Groups, patient demographics, hospital admission, transfer and discharge data, and related processes relevant to funding optimisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical information standards and management practices within a public sector environment.
- As data custodian for the HHS, demonstrated ability to manage and disseminate data requests relating to patient information and liaise closely with Research Governance Office and Ethics approval processes.
- Driver Licence
Mandatory pre-employment checks:
- General Criminal History Check
Mandatory Vaccination Preventable Disease check for:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis
- Hepatitis B
How to apply
Email your current resume and short response to details above, including details of two referees, to the person listed above. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your work performance within the previous two years, and be your current/immediate/past supervisor.