- Posted by:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Clinical Coder to join National Capital Private Hospital. To be successful in this position, considerable experience in clinical coding, strong time management and problem solving skills will be required.
National Capital Private Hospital is a 148 bed facility located in Garran ACT. Our hospital provides a range of acute and medical healthcare services including orthopaedics, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, vascular surgery, urology and geriatric medicine.
The Hospital is part of Healthscope, a leading private provider of integrated health services in Australia. Being part of the company allows opportunity for career progression and support that comes from being a large organisation.
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- HIMAA Certification in Clinical Coding with experience in ICD-10-AM , ACHI & ACS
- Proven experience in clinical coding
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Sound Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Demonstrated understanding in WebPAS patient information system
For further enquiries:
Jessica Kearney – Health Information Manager, National Capital Private Hospital - 02 6222 6687 Jess.Kearney@healthscope.com.au