- Posted by:
Are you seeking a role that promotes work-life balance and rewards dedication?
An opportunity has become available for a Full-Time Senior Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team. Your excellent time management and organisational skills, along with considerable clinical coding experience will ensure your success in this position.
As a Senior Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team
Prince of Wales Private is located in the heart of Randwick, sharing a campus with Sydney Children’s Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Women and Prince of Wales Public Hospital. This provides a unique opportunity for collaborative treatment programs and advanced medical and surgical care not usually available in smaller private facilities. As a 168 bed inpatient and day surgery hospital we specialize in cardiothoracic and neurosurgery, orthopaedics, maternity, vascular, paediatrics, ENT, plastics, colorectal, oncology and much more.
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 5 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG)
- Sound understanding of 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment
- Clinical coding experience within the private health sector
- Demonstrated understanding in WebPAS patient information system
Applications close: 15 December 2020
For further enquiries: Jacki Luker – Health Information Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9650 4121