- March 30, 2020
- Posted by:
Canberra Health Services
Finance and Business Intelligence
Health Information Services
Health Professional Level 3
Salary Range: $93,346 - $98,359 (up to $103,237 on achieving a personal upgrade) (PN: 25555)
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Finance and Business Intelligence (FBI) Branch is led by the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) who reports to the Chief Executive officer of Canberra health Services. The FBI Branch is responsible for the development and maintenance of budgets, financial management, and for providing strong operational finance and performance reporting analysis across the health service. The five sub-units within the FBI branch include the Financial Management Unit, Revenue and Financial Services, Patients Accounts, Business Intelligence and Health Information Services.
Health Information Services (HIS) provides a range of functions including scanning and health record management, clinical coding and casemix data generation, patient identifier maintenance, clinical record forms design and managing access to personal health information to facilitate patient care follow-up, research, quality improvement and education for hospital management purposes.
This position is responsible for:
The provision of morbidity data and clinical records for research projects, audits and quality assurance activities in a busy, tertiary hospital. The successful applicant will have, excellent IT and communication skills and the ability to interact with clinical staff in discussions regarding research projects.
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in the Junior Medical Officer (JMO) Orientation program and will also liaise closely with the Australian National University Medical School in the training of medical students in the use of the Clinical Patient Folder scanned record system and research processes.
This position also monitors the fax gateway which distributes the electronic discharge summaries and is involved in the testing of new templates from the clinical portal which feeds into this system.
As part of the HIS management team, this position is also responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Health Information Services, including assistance with internal quality activities and the on-going maintenance of relevant policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management) or equivalent qualification or eligibility for admission to full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia.
- Must hold a current Australian driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
This position is being advertised in parallel with Research and Quality Officer under the Administrative Services Officer classification (reference 017PB). Applicants will be assessed together with one successful applicant being selected for the position.
Contact Officer: Kerri McGufficke (02) 5124 3331 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au ref 01P7D
Applications Close: 09 April 2020