- January 8, 2020
- Posted by:
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 2
Remuneration: $102,007 per annum or pro rata
Hours Per Week: Various Up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ142451
Stages 1 and 2 completed in 2017, delivered a new 50-bed Mental Health Building and a 7-story Acute Services Building. Wagga Wagga Base Hospital includes an emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient unit, intensive care and high dependency unit, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and a rooftop helipad. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
In total, the NSW Government is investing $431 million in the development of Wagga Wagga Health Service. It represents one of the largest health redevelopment in the state. Further information about the WWHS Redevelopment is available here - http://www.wwhsredev.health.nsw.gov.au/
What you will be doing
This position works within the Health information services as a key member of the management team. As the Clinical Coding Educator, you will be responsible for the overall management, planning, design, development, implementation & delivery of auditing, training and education activities for all coding team members. This position works with clinicians and other relevant stakeholders within the organisation to ensure clinical documentation is complete & reflective of the accurate complexity for each admitted episode of care.
This position is integral to the effective implementation of the MLHD Clinical Coding Quality plan, and includes auditing, coding review and regular consultation with key stakeholders to sustain coding improvements.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or extensive Clinical Coding experience in a teaching hospital relevant to the role
- Demonstrated ability to conduct, measure, validate and sustain coding quality improvement activities in relation to clinical coding data, including coding audits, audit tools, error correction, analysis and effective presentation of results.
- Completion of (or currently undertaking/willing to undertake) a recognised qualification in clinical coding auditing.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, designing and delivering education and training programs related to clinical coding
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For visa information, please see www.immi.gov.au.