- Posted by:
- Want to work for Australia’s Largest Private Health Care Provider
- Grow your career across our National Network
- We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance for you
Join our team as a Regional Health Information Manager today in this Permanent Full-Time opportunity overseeing our Illawarra Hospitals.
About the Role
Our Illawarra Hospitals are defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
This opportunity will see you manage our medical records, across Wollongong Private Hospital, Figtree Private Hospital and Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital to provide comprehensive revenue assurance activities. This hands on position will require you to work proactively with the team to meet the demands of the department. This will see you undertake clinical coding audits, report on issues identified and assist with improving the quality of coded data.
You may also be required to:
- Prepare clinical indicator data
- Prepare reports and action medicolegal requests as required
- Provide coding support and assist with billing enquiries
- Identify and implement quality improvement projects
- Provide quality assurance of department policies and procedures
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced Health Information Manager with highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also bring:
- A degree in Health Information Management or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical coding and ICD-10-AM and hospital billing processes
- Experience in managing a busy health information services department
- Experience in identifying and implementing quality improvement projects
- Experience in patient administration software (eg. IBA or Meditech)
- Experience in implementing quality improvement projects and change management (Desirable)
About the Organisation
The Illawarra is a beautiful region on the coast south of Sydney and is well known for its beautiful beaches and magnificent escarpment backdrop.
The Illawarra Hospitals are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way.
Benefits of working for Ramsay Include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working with Children Check and proof of immunity against specific infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Jessica Duffy, Commercial Manager
Close date: 18th May 2021 at 11:55pm