- July 27, 2020
- Posted by:
Join our team as a Regional Health Information Manager today in this Permanent Full-Time opportunity overseeing our Illawarra Hospitals.
About the Role
Our Illawarra Hospitals are defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
This opportunity will see you oversee our medical records, across Wollongong Private Hospital, Figtree Private Hospital and Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital to provide comprehensive revenue assurance activities. With the implementation of a digital project on the horizon, this role provides the perfect opportunity to be involved in the development of digital patient systems that support our overall hospital’s processes. This will see you undertake clinical coding audits, report on issues identified and assist with improving the quality of coded data.
You may also be required to:
- Prepare clinical indicator data
- Prepare reports and action medicolegal requests as required
- Assist coding and billing enquiries
- Identify and implement quality improvement projects
- Provide quality assurance of department policies and procedures
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced Health Information Manager with highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also bring:
- A degree in Health Information Management or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical coding and ICD-10-AM and hospital billing processes
- Experience in managing a busy health information services department
- Experience in identifying and implementing quality improvement projects
- Experience in patient administration software (eg. IBA or Meditech)
- Experience in implementing quality improvement projects and change management (Desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Illawarra Hospitals are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way. Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151 bed facility providing all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit whereas Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital and Figtree Private Hospital offers a range of inpatient rehabilitation programs, allied health therapies and medical care. In addition to this Figtree Private Hospital operates a Sleep Studies Unit and an Early Parenting Centre.
The Illawarra is a beautiful region on the coast south of Sydney and is well known for its beautiful beaches and magnificent escarpment backdrop.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jessica Duffy (Commercial Manager) at DuffyJessica@ramsayhealth.com.au