- Posted by:
- Project Officer 6-month maternity leave replacement required to support administration of the Australian Genomic Cancer Medicine Centre (AGCMC) Rare Cancer Portal online referral service and the BioGrid Australia data platform ethics and governance
- Join a national initiative that aims to enable the best treatment pathway to be enacted for each rural and regional rare cancer patient referred to the AGCMC Australian Rare Cancer (ARC) Portal
- Work for a respected not-for-profit organisation, BioGrid Australia, focusing on two major projects, AGCMC ARC Portal and Data Platform Ethics and Governance
- 6-month maternity leave replacement role
Your new team:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join the BioGrid team working 0.6 FTE on the AGCMC Rare Cancer Portal and 0.4 FTE on BioGrid’s data platform ethics and governance. This is a Full Time, 6-Month Maternity Leave replacement position, working 80 hours per fortnight, based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) City Campus.
- Administer the AGCMC ARC Portal online referral service to support the recruitment and triaging of rural and regional rare cancer patients according to recruitment milestones.
- Manage high quality collaborations between BioGrid Australia, the Rare Cancer Portal and other AGCMC researchers to facilitate interactions and triaging of the Portal patients and the AGCMC study.
- Provide ongoing management of the ethics and governance approvals required for the BioGrid national data platform.
- Support the daily operation and monitoring of BioGrid’s Data Access Request System.
- Develop expertise in understanding database development and usage.
- Contribute to the development and review of business processes utilising JIRA and Confluence.
- Formal qualifications of a Degree in Biomedical Science or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge working in a health/biomedical science environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience preparing and submitting Human Research Ethics Committee applications and reporting.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills (verbal and written) including team and client relationship management.
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills with ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of statistics, optimisation, visualisation and other mathematical techniques for data analysis.
- A rewarding career offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement including mentorship and leadership programs.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Salary packaging options and flexible working hours.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below. Enquiries to Maureen Turner, CEO, BioGrid on 03 9342 2690.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.