- Posted by:
- Work with a successful, growing and innovative organisation
- Gain invaluable experience in an exciting role
- Have the best of both worlds - career and lifestyle
About Barwon Health
Barwon Health, based in Geelong, Victoria, is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing the full spectrum from primary care, community services, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, emergency and acute care and employing over 8,000 staff. Barwon Health is a major teaching hospital for the Deakin Medical School and has an active and growing research base.
About the facility
Health information Services provides clinical records to clinicians within Barwon Health and external health facilities. Our services use digital medical recorders and encoders. We are involved in coding auditing research requests and our team has a very open door approach.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for a new Patient Information Release Unit Manager. In this role you will be part responsible for:
- Leading the Freedom of Information and Release of Information team and managing all policies and processes around release of health information and ensuring mandated deadlines are met for FOI
- Managing the day to day operational functions relating to privacy and release of information for the Patient Information Release Unit
- Taking on the role of Designated Authorised Officer to make Freedom of Information (FOI) decisions
- Working closely with Legal Services for Corporate FOI requests and decisions on complex requests for information
This is a fantastic opportunity within the Health Information Team, so APPLY NOW!
About the culture
Become a part of a team who enjoys an interesting, challenging and meaningful work life. Continue to grow and develop your talents and capabilities with Barwon Health’s commitment to professional development. We are all dedicated to supporting the organisation in achieving our vision of - By 2050, everyone in our community enjoys the best health and wellbeing in Victoria.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID -19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.