- Posted by:
Operations Manager, Health Information Services/Deputy Manager HIS
Ballarat Health Services
Full Time - Permanent
80 hours per fortnight with monthly ADO
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The Operations Manager HIS is responsible for the day to day operations of Health Information Services clerical staff and functions and Clinical Typing staff and functions. This role is responsible for medical record scanning and plays a lead role in managing Digital Medical Record (DMR) content and structure. Depending on the experience of the successful candidate, this role may also deputise for Manager HIS.
Leadership and Management
- Human resource management, including recruitment and selection, staff development and day to day responsibility for staff performance, including delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Manage the business functions and processes of the Health Information Services Clerical Team and Clinical Typing team.
- Quality Management: Set goals and specific KPIs for optimal service delivery
- Ability to build/maintain relationships with all levels of staff within the organization with respect to Health Information Services.
- Deputise for Manager, Health Information Services during absence
Digital Medical Record (DMR) Scanning
- Management of scanning processes/operations to achieve throughput and quality KPIs
- Design and implement scanning processes for optimal efficiency, quality and information integrity
- Design and implement standardized training programs
- Compliance with PROV Digitisation Standards
- Build relationships with DMR users and ensure needs for provision of health information are met
- ICD-10-AM coding of inpatient episodes in accordance with set quota and to expected level of accuracy.
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified Health Information Manager
- Minimum 4 years experience in staff management with the ability to lead, direct and motivate staff
- Have a proven record in the delivery of excellent customer service to both internal and external customers in a busy environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills, with the ability to communicate across a broad range of stakeholders, form successful relationships and to work within an environment of change
- Proven experience in logical problem solving that identifies and implements workable solutions
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience with Patient Information Systems and Digital/Electronic Medical Record systems
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.