- Posted by:
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE:
The National Health Information Services Manager is a senior role focused on leading and managing the Health Information Services (HIS) departments in the Private Division of SVHA. The position has a strategic focus on the future direction of Health Information Services but also a strong operational aspect with each of the five hospital HIS Managers reporting through to this position.
The National HIS Manager reports into the Director, Health Funding and Negotiations and will be a key member of the Group Health Fund Team (GHFT). This is an exciting time to be joining the GHFT as we embark on a number of significant projects that will be challenging, rewarding and ultimately make a difference to HIS and the Private Division more broadly.
This role will give you the opportunities to grow, develop and work with a variety of stakeholders across the Private Division, and at a national level. The successful applicant will be Full Time, with the option to be located in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and access our flexible work from home practices.
WHY WORK FOR SVHA PRIVATE HOSPITAL DIVISION:
You will join a high performing team and a workplace with relationships built on mutual trust and respect. We value our staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment.
- Join the St Vincent’s Health Australia Group, and work for a truly values based organisation, who operate across VIC, NSW and QLD
- Salary packaging available (pay less tax and increase your take home pay!)
- Access to discounted gym membership through Fitness Passport
- Option to join our workplace giving program, Give4Good
- A great work life balance with options to purchase additional leave
- Receive a staff discount on hospital admissions to any SVHA Private Hospital
- Support in your professional development and a reward and recognition program
- Offer flexible work from home practices
Importantly, you will be passionate about your profession, coding and the value contemporary HIS departments can add to a Private Hospital group.
Other qualifications and skills will include:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and cultivate a culture of excellence and success with Health Information Services Managers and teams (State, Regional or National) in a private hospital environment
- Strong understanding of health fund contracts and funding models and their linkages to coding / billing / revenue optimisation and auditing
- Demonstrated experience of being involved in complex business projects focused on introducing process and systems changes requiring change management expertise
ABOUT ST VINCENT’S PRIVATE HOSPITAL DIVISION
As a leading provider of private, tertiary health services in Australia, we offer you the opportunity to work within a professional environment across a diverse range of medical, surgical and critical-care disciplines. Our internationally-acclaimed network of private hospitals provides patient-centred care to thousands of people every year within our 10 private hospitals located across QLD, NSW and VIC.
If this is the role for you, please hit the APPLY button now! Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment.
St Vincent's Health Australia is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions. For further information, visit https://www.svha.org.au/about-us/reconciliation or get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal record and/or child protection checks will be conducted and will form part of the selection criteria for this role.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
HAVE A QUESTION AND WANT TO KNOW MORE:
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Judith Day, Director Health Funding and Negotiations – Private Division, for a confidential discussion on 0400 018 471.
CLOSING DATE: 26 September 2021
*Please note this job advertisement will close at Midnight the day before the closing date listed, and we may interview on an ongoing basis therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.