- Posted by:
National Health Information Manager
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s leading private health care provider with over 460 facilities in 10 countries including the UK, Europe, Asia, US and Australia.
Ramsay employs more than 80,000 people who are united around a common purpose of People Caring for People.
Entrepreneurial, optimistic and energetic, Ramsay leaders have a vision to become the leader in health care – and that’s why we need a new National Health Information Manager to develop and guide the strategy for Ramsay’s health information services integration.
A newly developed role, the National Health Information Manager will provide operational leadership and management of the health information services at Ramsay. This role will develop a nationally consistent approach for all functions of health information services management.
As a leader at Ramsay, will be responsible for partnering with hospital executives, HIM and HIS teams, payors and health industry leaders across the organisation to design and implement the organisation’s frameworks, strategies, programs and solutions across the following areas:
- Education and training
- Recruitment and retention
- Audit, quality and coding governance
- Policies, procedures, governance and privacy
- Records management & clinical documentation
Central to this role is the ability for our candidate to understand, embrace and embed the ‘Ramsay Way’ culture into initiatives and ensure alignment to projects and deliverables.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills
- Influential – proven ability to leverage internal and external resources, handle conflict and influence stakeholders
- Hands-on – willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong sense of ownership, accountable for outcomes
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five years’ experience in a senior HIM role
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (HIM) or equivalent qualifications acceptable for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Previous experience managing an end-to-end Health Information Service in an Australian hospital setting
- Strong health industry background, with experience driving continuous improvement
- Previous experience planning, developing, implementing and administering health information service policies and projects
- Displays strategic influence, proven relationship management skills
- Strong project and people management skills
- Strong leadership skills with a ‘sustainable practice’ mindset
- Commitment to the achievement of excellent outcomes, with a strong sense of accountability
- You understand how to get things done in a large, complex, matrixed, multi-site organisation
NICE TO HAVE
- Tertiary business and operational leadership and management studies
- Proven experience in process redesign (theory and practice)
- Highly developed coding expertise across a wide-range of casemix and the latest version of the Australian Coding Standards
As a part of Ramsay Health Care’s ongoing response to the pandemic and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the community, successful applicants are required to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including the booster) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation prior to commencement.
For enquiries about this role, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Officer
CLOSING DATE: 5 April 2022 at COB