- Posted by:
- Medical coder responsible for coding cancer information from hospital and pathology providers.
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, fixed term position for 12 months – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Registry is a population-based cancer registry that provides comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioral and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Medical Coder to join the VCR Division. Reporting to the Data Capture Team Leader your role is to:
- Abstract cancer information from multiple sources and translate into clearly defined oncology codes in accordance with relevant VCR protocols and coding resources.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail to ensure integrity and accuracy of coded information imported into the VCR information system.
- Participate in VCR quality assurance program to identify and correct errors and discrepancies and contribute to the maintenance of a high-quality dataset.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Heath Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Introductory ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS clinical coding course or the HIMAA Comprehensive Medical Terminology course; or have a health science tertiary degree or extensive work experience in a health-related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology, disease classification systems and the translation of medical descriptive data into codes.
- Ability to be thorough and accurate, paying great attention to detail
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $53,415 - $58,901 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Catherine Shang at Catherine.email@example.com
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check
Applications close Thursday 10 December 2020