- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Bunbury Hospital is a 145-bed private hospital, providing health care to the Bunbury community and those that live in the south west of Western Australia.
Bunbury is recognised as a cosmopolitan regional City and is rich in its art, culture and heritage boasting a number of natural and tourist attractions and has something for everyone.
An opportunity is available for an experienced Manager of Health Information to join our team. You will be responsible for efficient and effective management of resources and services of Health Information and will have proven experience in facilitating a high level of customer service, maintain health record systems and patient services in accordance with accreditation standards and relevant legislation.
This position will be offered on a permanent full-time basis working 76 hr per fortnight. Part-time opportunity may be considered.
Recent experience managing a Health Information Services in a health care environment is desirable together with knowledge of ICD-10-AM, medical terminology, coding and the impact this has on DRG allocation.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Tertiary qualification in Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Openness and optimism to continually identify and improve efficiencies in the Health Information Service area.
- Strong advocate for change and ability to lead and work confidently with teams in adapting to change.
- Sound interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational abilities.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including operation of Microsoft Office suite.
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Flexible Work Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.