- Posted by:
About the Organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries. The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
About the role
The Manager Health Information (MHI) is responsible for the overall management of client health records, the data information system, reporting and analysis. The MHI provides strategic direction and leadership within the Corporate Services Group and ensures organisational compliance with legislative and other requirements involving privacy and data security. The MHI leads the Information Management Team to provide expertise in extracting, analysing and presenting client and service participant data to facilitate evidence-based decision-making, and to provide high-level support to internal system users.
- A collaborative leader with excellent relationship building skills at all levels with the ability to influence
- Management of a client information system with the ability to make recommendations
- High level technical understanding of data systems providing analysis and interpretation of data
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team
- Solid understanding of state and federal instruments related to personal and sensitive health information
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 of $114,134 gross salary per annum, plus 17.5% leave loading and 10% superannuation. Additional benefits include salary packaging up to $18,550, a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and onsite parking.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the recent Directions from Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency, COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (No 7), Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic), Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID 19 vaccinations for authorised workers. If you are to be successful in gaining employment with Foundation House, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID 19 vaccination for work at our sites.
To apply please click here: https://hcm616.peoplestreme.net/foundationhouse/erec_external.asp?jobId=103
Applications close for this position close 5:00pm Monday 17 January 2022
Applicants must submit their resume and address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description. Please ensure you submit your KSC as part of your cover letter as you can only upload 2 documents.
For any questions regarding this position please contact Acting General Manager Corporate Services Siobhan O’Mara on 9389 8923 or email@example.com
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer.