- Posted by:
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network, Lyell McEwin & Modbury Hospitals - Corporate Services
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $102,598 - $108,466 p.a. - ASO6; Permanent Full-Time
The Manager of the Coding Service will work across both Lyell McEwin and Modbury hospitals, they will be responsible for the overall operational leadership and management of the functions and tasks relating to the accurate, comprehensive and timely extraction of ICD-10-AM (or subsequent versions) for patient morbidity and Casemix activity.
The Manager provides advice on all matters relating to ICD practice and standards.
The role includes the management of -
- clinical coding staff planning, leave and associated budget;
- ICD data capture and reporting, ensuring the provision of timely and accurate morbidity coding services to meet the NALHN and SA Health reporting requirements;
- auditing, education and clinical documentation standards; ensuring complete, audited, quality ICD information and data collection systems in compliance with SA Health and Australian Coding standards and the ongoing skill development of clinical coding staff
- effective liaison with clinical, financial, administrative and Casemix teams in the development, analysis and reporting of morbidity data and DRG initiatives.
Essential Minimum Requirements -
Satisfaction completion of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Certificate IV in Clinical Coding or equivalent, together with demonstrated competency in ICD-10-AM Coding.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 753035
Applications close: 23 April 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 753035