- Posted by:
Health Information Services Manager
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
About the Role
In this broad-based leadership and hands-on role you will be responsible for the administration, management and support of our Health Information Services team.
This will include:
- providing leadership and guidance to the diverse multi-disciplined team of clinical coders and administrative professionals in the unit and will be accountable for the physical and financial resources of the team.
- appropriate management of patient records.
- ensuring that data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital, Ramsay Corporate, state and federal legislative requirements.
- A coding load as well as coding education, training and support.
This role directly reports to the Director of Finance of the Hospital.
To succeed in this role you will be an experienced Health Information Manager with great coding skills. You will also have highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisation skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also demonstrate;
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management
- Minimum five (3-5) years coding experience with varied and complex casemix
- Practical knowledge and experience in current disease classification
- Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’s) (desirable)
- Membership with Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) (desirable)
On offer is an annual salary range of $115,000-$120,000 + Superannuation.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
• Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
• Scholarships & Study Discounts
• Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
• On-site ICU (11 beds)
• Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
• Staff recognition and reward programs
• Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
• Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
• Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
• Employee Assistance Program
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.