- February 4, 2020
- Posted by:
Health Information Services Manager
Be Part Of Something Greater!
We have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic, team-orientated and motivated individual with significant Health Information Management experience to lead a high performing Health Information Services (HIS) team.
As the Manager of Health Information Services, you will be responsible for:
- Effective management of the day to day operations of Health Information Services and management of recruitment and performance of all HIS staff members
- Developing and implementing HIS systems which will ensure the provision of a cost effective and quality service to support patient care and to meet the hospital's internal and external needs
- Ensuring HIS policy directives, guidelines and legislative requirements are met
- Providing sound and accurate coding service in accordance with Australian Coding Standards and implementing systems that will ensure coding is optimised and documentation within the medical record supports the coding process
- Acting as the Privacy Officer for the hospital
- Developing and implementing Privacy, Research and Releasing of Information procedures in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and guidelines
- Managing timeliness of clinical data submission and correction of error reports to relevant external bodies
The candidate must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management
- Experience in staff management, processes and procedures within a Medical Record Department
- Significant Medico-legal experience.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS, with clinical coding & case mix experience
- Knowledge of all relevant Australian Standards for record management and legislative requirements
- Excellent Microsoft Office and analytical skills with the ability to extract, interpret and present clinically coded data
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and effectively manage a heavy and constantly changing workload to meet service demands, productivity targets and deadlines
Experience in preparation and submission of data to health funds and NSW Ministry of Health.
Applicants are requested to apply online. When completing the application process, you will be asked to attach your CV. Please ensure that your attachments are either in MS Word or PDF file formats and that they have been scanned with virus protection software.
Criminal record and/or child protection checks will be conducted and will form part of the selection criteria for this role.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity. As part of SVHA’s commitment to the federal government’s employment parity initiative, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact: