- Posted by:
HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICES MANAGER
- Full time opportunity
- Colac Area Health is a unique integrated health service comprising of over 500 employees, providing Acute Care, Aged Care, Community and Allied Health Services to a catchment population of approximately 30 000.
- salary packaging including remote area incentives, novated car leasing arrangements; meal and entertainment allowance.
The core focus of the role
The Health Information Services Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of health information management services across Colac Area Health
- Leading the Health Information Service team to support decision making and improved patient outcomes through timely and accurate capture of health information.
- Building and maintaining strong professional relationships with clinical and nonclinical staff and the HIS team at Barwon Health.
- Analysis of clinical data input, WIES/NWAU optimisation, reporting, training and ongoing development of systems and processes in order to improve the accuracy and efficiency of department operations.
- To manage the Health Information Service functions including:
- Health Records management
- Freedom of Information and Release of Information
- Clinical Coding o Health Record forms
- Provision of VHES data
- Submission of mandatory funder reports for Acute and Community/Family Services
- The transition from paper based record keeping to electronic.
- To coordinate and over-see projects relating to Patient Administration and Clinical Systems across Colac Area Health.
A bit about you
To have success in the role you will be a motivating and engaging leader, who can influence change. You will also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team and liaise effectively with multidisciplinary staff and internal teams to support change management.
- Experience in Patient Administration and Clinical Systems with an understanding of Clinical Coding.
- Demonstrated experience promoting a culture of continuous improvement, preferably in a health services setting and partnering with employees at all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
Are you interested?
Further information may be obtained by contacting Gaye McCulloch, Interim Director - Planning and Resources Telephone: 0400 183 270.
Applications for the above position should be lodged at https://colacareahealth.mercury.com.au/ by C.O.B. Friday 9th July 2021
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Victorian Police Check and complete a Statutory Declaration as per the Aged Care Principles prior to commencement of employment.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.