- Posted by:
- Permanent part time positions available
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly, supportive team of 21 HIMs/Clinical coders, coding educators and coding auditors.
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Role
This position works within the Health Information Services department alongside 21 other Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders. St Vincent’s utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. We have a Coding Manager, Coding Auditors and Educators within our team and a comprehensive training program is undertaken for all new staff. The option to work some hours from home is offered to our staff.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, St Vincent’s offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU.
The position is for a Health Information Manager, predominately in a coding role with additional data reporting responsibilities as required.
Classifications for this role will range from JA7 - JB1 ($81,328 - $93,490 per annum pro rata).
- Clinical coding
- Classification of patient episodes using ICD-10-AM in accordance with NCCH Australian Coding Standards and Victorian Guidelines.
- Participate in ensuring achievement of all internal and external coding reporting deadlines.
- Data reporting
- Ad hoc projects as required
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Health Information Management
- Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years current coding experience relevant to St Vincent’s Casemix
- Experience of a varied tertiary hospital Casemix (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand new systems
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Parking
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.