- Posted by:
Fixed Term Part Time - 24 hours per week
Kilmore District Health (KDH) provides a variety of health and aged care services. Inpatient and outpatient services are offered to the community of Kilmore and district including maternity, medical, surgical, and subacute care. The hospital has 30 Acute beds, 2 Operating suites, a four-bay Urgent Care Centre and a District Nursing Service. Aged Care includes a 30 Bed High Care facility and a 30 Bed Low Care Facility.
To help support and ensure a high level of care continues to be provided to our community, we are seeking a passionate and dedicated Health Information Manager to come and join our team.
Joining the Kilmore team will give you an opportunity to utilize all of your knowledge and skills to support and provide healthcare services within a rural setting to our growing community.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management
- Minimum of two years experience in a healthcare setting
- Excellent clinical coding skills using ICD-10-AM 11th edition and a good understanding of Casemix/Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs)
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and standards relevant to HIS
- Knowledge of medical record systems including computer systems
- Ability to determine priorities and organize workload effectively and efficiently
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team member
Our staff enjoy working at The Kilmore and District Hospital because:
- No day is every the same
- There are many way to challenge and expand your skill set and knowledge
- They are well supported with on-site Professional Development opportunities;
- They work close to home, have access to free parking and quiet rural setting
- There is flexibility to work across all shifts and on-call.
To find out more about this role please contact:
Claire Poulter, Project Manager
All employment with Kilmore District Health is subject to and conditional upon a satisfactory Police Check and Victorian 'Employee' Working with Children's Check.
KDH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. KDH promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. KDH is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
All employees of KDH must comply with the health service's Vaccination requirements procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Department directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated and provided evidence of vaccination for various diseases such as, but not limited to, Influenza and COVID-19.