- Posted by:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and motivated Health Information Manager to join the team at Newcastle Private Hospital as the Health Information Services Manager. The Health Information Services Manager is responsible for leading, directing and developing the Clinical Coding and Health Information Services at Newcastle Private Hospital.
Newcastle Private Hospital is a 189 bed acute facility, the largest private hospital in Newcastle. The hospital boasts 10 operating theatres and two angiography laboratories, and provides a large range of medical and surgical services as well as critical care, rehabilitation, oncology and maternity services.
The hospital offers a friendly team atmosphere, family friendly flexible working hours with a supportive working environment. A competitive remuneration can be offered for the right candidate.
Click on the link below to see why you should join the Healthscope HIM team!
In this position you will be responsible for:
- The management of the Health Information Service including all aspects of medical record management and related activities including records maintenance, archiving and destruction
- Provision of timely and accurate clinical coding data using ICD-10-AM (11th edition) & collection and reporting of data for use in clinical indicators, research and evaluation of services as well as to NSW Health, Health Funds and other agencies.
- Provision of education and analysis of Clinical Coding and Casemix information
- Co-ordinating responses to medico-legal and other requests for patient information
- Participation in performance improvement activities
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Hospital medical record management experience in large acute hospital with varied casemix
- Strong clinical coding with ability to train and mentor coding staff – current 11th Edition
- Experience leading and managing staff
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience with webPAS patient administration system
- Previous Private Hospital experience
- Knowledge of private sector funding models.
For further enquiries:
Mark MacFarlane, Finance Manager, Newcastle Private Hospital - 02 49418704 Mark.Macfarlane@healthscope.com.au
Maree Carolan – State HIM, Healthscope Private Hospitals (NSW/ACT) - 0417 229 401 Maree.Carolan@healthscope.com.au