- Posted by:
- Thrive professionally and utilise your skills in a pivotal leadership role
- Career advancement, attractive employee benefits at a bayside location
- Permanent Full Time- 80 hrs per fortnight with ADO per month
About the organisation
Barwon Health is the major regional health provider for the Barwon South West region. It is Victoria’s largest regional health service with one of the busiest hospitals in the state, University Hospital Geelong. We serve over 500,000 people through the efforts of over 6,500 staff and more than 1000 volunteers. We provide care at all stages or life and circumstance through a wide range of services from emergency and acute to mental health, primary care, community services, aged care, and subacute/rehabilitation. Care is provided to the community through over 21 key locations throughout the region.
About the facility
Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery orientated mental health, drugs and alcohol assessment, treatment and community support to people of all ages within the Barwon region experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, mental health and / or drug and alcohol issues, and their families.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership in the collection, use, evaluation and management of health information within the Mental Health Drugs and Alcohol Service (MHDAS). This role spans inpatient, community and residential services and will be a key resource and contact person in relation to the process development and adherence to the standards for the management of information relating to MHDAS across the Area Mental Health service.
This position reports to the Health Information Services Operations Manager and will support the Information Management team in compliance with Mental Health reporting requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a pivotal role which will include preparing for and working on the Mental Health Funding Reform work and new Mental Health funding model implementation, which will require future community episode coding.
In order to fulfil this role you will need to have:
- A degree in Health Information Management with experience
- Strong IT skills, including competency with database applications, patient administration systems, digital and electronic medical records.
- Understanding of reporting and datasets relevant to health service delivery, such as National Minimum Datasets, policy and funding reporting requirements, morbidity and mortality data collection
- Proven ability to manage priorities and have experience in service delivery
- Health record and relevant legislation knowledge
- Current drivers licence
About the culture
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated team. We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. As a team we are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Social club
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people with diverse backgrounds.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.