- Posted by:
TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
Health Information Manager – Mental Health HIS Team Leader
Health Information Services, Graham Street Campus
- Fixed term full time until August 2025
- Opportunity to step in to a leadership position
About GV Health
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site, which comprises of a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expansion of our current theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state of-the-art Dialysis Unit and an extension of the current Emergency Department.
About the role
The team of Health Information Services (HIS) are seeking an enthusiastic Health Information Manager (HIM) to join our team as the Mental Health - Team Leader in a newly created role. Please note the position is currently fixed term, until August 2025.
As a Team Leader you will work closely with the Senior HIM to ensure adequate staffing and education of staff to effectively undertake all the tasks required of this department while contributeing to the development of key performance targets and liaises with the Senior HIM with regard to any issues or problems. You will be a personable leader who uses a collaborative approach when working with your team and your colleagues.
You will play a key role in the development of effective staff and provides first point support for staff from this staff group, using your problem solving skills and also understanding when to escalate any issues.
In addition to this the Team Leader plays a key role in the re-design of procedures and policies as a result of changes introduced within Information Service and across the hospital.
We are looking for
- Experience working in Health Information Services OR in Mental Health
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent with eligibility for full HIMAA membership
- Initiative and experience in process improvement
- Previous experience leading a team (desirable)
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications close: 23 August 2022
Apply here: https://gvhealth.mercury.com.au/
Job number: 12052
Vaccination against COVID-19 and Influenza (where mandated) is a mandatory requirement for this role.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory police check and Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.