- August 17, 2020
- Posted by:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Health Information Manager to join Lady Davidson Private Hospital as the Health Information Services Manager.
Lady Davidson Private Hospital is one of the largest private dedicated rehabilitation hospitals in Australia, specialising in orthopaedics, cancer/oncology and neuro-spinal rehabilitation.
The Hospital is part of Healthscope. Being part of the company allows opportunity for career progression and support that comes from being a large organisation.
Click on the link below to see why you should join the Healthscope HIM team!
As the Health Information Manager you will be responsible for:
- The management of the Health Information Service including all aspects of medical record management and related activities including records maintenance, archiving and destruction
- Completion of timely and accurate clinical coding data using ICD-10-AM (11th edition)
- Ensure timely extraction and submission of mandatory reporting data including Hospital Casemix Protocol (HCP), Private Hospital Data Bureau (PHDB), Heath Department reporting and other agencies
- Provision of education and analysis of Clinical Coding and Casemix information
- Co-ordinating responses to medico-legal and other requests for patient information
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Hospital medical record management experience in a medium sized hospital with a varied casemix
- Strong clinical coding with ability to train and mentor coding
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience with webPAS patient administration system
- Previous Private Hospital experience
- Knowledge of private sector funding models.
For further enquiries:
Nicola Klumper – General Manager, Lady Davidson Private Hospital – (02) 9488 0111
Maree Carolan – State HIM, Healthscope Private Hospitals (NSW/ACT) - 0417 229 401