- April 23, 2020
- Posted by:
- Friendly & supportive work culture within a newly rebuilt facility
- No long commutes in traffic or catching public transport and free parking!
- Enjoy the fresh country air close to beaches and surrounded by scenic drives
Gippsland Southern Health Service and South Gippsland Hospital are providers of healthcare in the South Gippsland Shire, offering a broad range of services, including specialist, general, acute, sub-acute, ambulatory, residential aged care and community services.
We are currently seeking a Health Information Manager to manage clinical coding across both organisations to a professional standard. The Health Information team consists of this position, one full-time clinical coder and a part-time administrative assistant.
This role works closely with clinicians across the health services, building their capacity through education, training and provision of professional advice.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Health Information Management or Certificate IV in Clinical Classification (HIMAA) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a clinical coder with a variety of case mix.
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and document control.
- Understanding of DHHS Hospital Admission Policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working as part of team.
- Relevant computer skills applicable to clinical coding and support services.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
The position description provides further details on duties and responsibilities and essential criteria which suitable applicants will be shortlisted. To apply, please visit our website at www.gshs.com.au/careers and click on "Apply Now" in the job advert.