- Posted by:
Full time 80 hours per fortnight with ADO
12 months fixed term (parental leave) until December 2022
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The Health Information Services team is seeking suitably qualified Health Information Manager to join the team.
The main purpose of this position is to develop electronic clinical record forms within BOSSnet Digital Medical Record (DMR). The role also encompasses the management of the VEMD mandatory dataset and clinical coding (if qualified).
BOSSnet DMR electronic forms
- Design, build, and modify electronic forms within BOSSnet.
- Ensure all new and revised eforms comply with internal and external standards
- Work in close collaboration with other Forms HIMs, BOSSnet Business Analysts, regional partners and HIS Operations Manager to coordinate Digital Medical Record (DMR) content.
Victorian Emergency Minimum Dataset (VEMD)
- Manage VEMD data cycle end to end; ensuring internal and external reporting timelines are met.
- Implement and maintain quality control and reconciliation measures to ensure data integrity. Identify opportunities for improved data integrity and process efficiency.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure understanding of data and data integrity requirements
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified and experienced Health Information Manager (preferred)
- Interest in and aptitude for Digital Health (Electronic Medical Record)
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Ability to collate, analyse and present information to varying audience
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
For further enquiries please contact Pauline Basilio, Manager of Health Information Services on 0422115201
Immunisation clearance and police check are mandatory for this position.
All applications must be submitted online.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Ballarat Health Services.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), interest and asexual (or allies) LGBTQIA+
HIMAA Membership number: 10160