- Posted by:
Permanent full time, or part time (minimum 40 hrs per fortnight)
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The Health Information Services team is seeking suitably qualified Health Information Manager or experienced Data Manager to manage the subacute VAED dataset to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data collected. Within this role there is a component of clinical coding required.
Data Management - Subacute VAED
- Manage VAED submission for subacute Queen Elizabeth campus data.
- Undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle, ensuring DH and internal reporting timelines are met.
- Implement and maintain quality control and reconciliation measures
- Liaise with staff involved in front end data collection to ensure understanding of data and data integrity requirements
- Liaise with key stakeholders to test future updates within IBA VAED related templates
- Code inpatient episodes in accordance with Australian Coding Standards
- Achieve coding KPIs applied to allocated Casemix level;
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified Health Information Manager or experienced Data Manager
- Experience in managing a mandatory dataset
- Ability to work independently, self-assign and complete tasks
- Excellent analytical ability; ability to collate, analyse and present information to varying audience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to critically evaluate data quality and seek opportunities to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
For further enquiries please contact Pauline Basilio, Manager of Health Information Services on 0422115201
Immunisation clearance and police check are mandatory for this position.
All applications must be submitted online.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Ballarat Health Services.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.