- Posted by:
Health Information Manager/Data Manager
Ballarat Health Services
Permanent Full Time
80 hours per fortnight with monthly ADO
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the acute VAED data collection to ensure accuracy and integrity of inpatient activity data. The role currently encompasses record management and coding also but the HIM team is currently undergoing a restructure, so some changes to the role will occur. The focus of the role however will remain data management
- Manage VAED submission for Ballarat Base Hospital campus data.
- Provide support for submission of QE campus data
- Liaise with clinical and clinical coder stakeholders to ensure compliance with the VAED Criteria for Reporting
- Liaise with staff involved in front end data collection to ensure understanding of data and data integrity requirements
- Collect/extract, cleanse and submit data for the AIMS dataset as per relevant body reporting requirements.
- A2 – Specialised Services Indicators (annually)
- A3 – Public Hospital Beds (monthly)
- SAAI – Sub-Acute Access Indicators (monthly)
- DCOR – Daily Capacity and Occupancy Register (daily)
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified and experienced Health Information Manager or experienced Data Manager
- Experience in managing a Victorian statutory data collection
- Ability to work independently, self-assign and complete tasks
- Excellent analytical ability; ability to collate, analyse and present information to varying audience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to critically evaluate data quality and seek opportunities to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.