- Posted by:
After 16 years as part of the Healthe Care Australia group, in 2021 its Specialty Services business reorganised itself into Aurora Healthcare - Australia's largest specialist private mental health provider and one of the nation's leading providers of private rehabilitation and community services.
Reporting to the National Health Information Manager, an opportunity exists for a HIM to use their coding skills, knowledge of funding models and in depth knowledge of clinical documentation standards and best practices to drive the improvement of the clinical documentation within our facilities. This position will also have a focus on health fund compliance for Mental Health admissions and work closely with the clinical teams to provide advice, education and training.
The role will based in one of our facilities in Queensland, this is negotiable based on the successful candidates preferred location.
As the Compliance HIM (Mental Health) your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong working relationships with the clinical teams of multiple facilities throughout Australia
- Continuously assessing and improving the overall quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of mental health clinical documentation to support:
- The delivery of high quality, safe patient care
- Accreditation and adherence to quality standards
- Receipt of appropriate reimbursement revenues
- Working closely with the National Health Information Manager and Clinical Coding team on improvements to communication with clinical teams, assistance with documentation queries and forms design, including membership of the National Forms Committee
- Analysis and communication of health fund business rules to Hospital executives, clinical and administration teams (mental health)
- Facilitation of mental health documentation audits
- Providing education to medical, nursing and allied health staff on documentation guidelines to support clinical coding, quality, accreditation, patient safety and health fund compliance
- Develop clinical documentation performance improvement initiatives in coordination with the Aurora Quality team
- Provide education and training to clinical coders (mental health)
- Coordination of statutory data reporting for all Queensland facilities
- Reviewing new clinical indicators, coordinating implementation and providing education
- Assisting the Clinical Coding team to meet KPIs across all facilities (if required)
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- An in-depth knowledge of medical record documents and clinical documentation standards
- Minimum of 4 years clinical coding experience which includes mental health casemix
- Sound knowledge of Private Health HPPAs and Business Rules
- Proven experience in accreditation, standards and quality frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in MS Office and patient administration systems.
- Previous CDIS experience or certification
- Previous experience in change management within the health care sector
- Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) membership
- Previous experience with webPAS, Turbocoder and Codefinder
Please submit your application by email: email@example.com
Please note: We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as they apply so we may choose to close this ad before the stated closing date.
No recruitment agencies, please. If we require assistance we will reach out to our preferred suppliers.