- February 17, 2020
- Posted by:
- A customised induction program with ongoing support from Coding Educators and Auditors
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home
- Inclusive work place with collaborative engagement and continuous opportunities for growth
At Epworth, we care.
We care about our patients and about our people. We care about innovating; staying ahead of the field. We care about your career development and progression, and nurturing your potential. And we care about giving the support and flexibility you need to thrive in our growing, fast-paced and ever-changing organisation.
In this permanent role, based at either Richmond, Eastern (Box Hill) or Geelong (Waurn Ponds) you will be predominately responsible for accurately coding medical records in accordance with the Australian Coding Standards. Using 3M Codefinder, you will be exposed to a diverse Casemix including Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Interventional Cardiology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Oncology, Obstetrics and Rehabilitation.
You will make an impact by:
- Accurately coding episodes using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and the Australian Coding Standards as well relevant state, national and internal advice
- Ensuring all records are coded within specified timeframes
- Maintaining compliance with reporting requirements
- Achieving high quality coded data
- Actively participate in training, quality and education activities
To be successful in this role…
You have a drive to expand your career and enhance your skill set. You’re comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team. You understand how your role impacts the financial sustainability of the organisation and demonstrate a commitment to continued service improvement.
You will have:
- Proven high quality coding skills
- An excellent knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards
- Relevant qualifications in Health Information Management or Clinical Coding
- Previous public or private health sector experience
- Experience with private sector funding models would be advantageous
At Epworth, everybody matters.
It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organisation that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Epworth Scholarship Program opportunities
- Above award rates
- Salary packaging benefits of $9,000
- Heavily reduced health services for you and your family
- Discounted private health insurance.
- Epworth My Benefits program with shopping, theatre, restaurants and sports ticket discounts
Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not for profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation at 11 locations across Melbourne and Geelong. At Epworth, our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Supported by world-class facilities, we integrate clinical practice with education and research in order to deliver outstanding patient care each and every day.
Enquire/ Apply for this Position
Sound interesting? We’d love to hear from you. Follow the job link to obtain more information and to submit your CV along with a short cover letter to complete your application.
If successful, you’ll be required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and a hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).