- Posted by:
We are seeking an experienced HIM / Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team based on-site at Western Private Hospital in Footscray.
Western Private Hospital (WPH), servicing the West of Melbourne, has 68 inpatient beds after undergoing a multi-million-dollar redevelopment and expansion to improve the availability of acute services in the region in the last few years. As a result WPH now provides a broad mix of specialties orthopaedics, vascular, plastics, urology, gynaecology, colorectal, cardiac, oncology and general surgery for both medical and surgical patients.
You will be predominately responsible for accurately coding medical records in accordance with Australian Coding Standards. You will be processing confidential data, which is used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and case mix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocation.
We pride ourselves on a strong culture of continuous improvement, and in this role it will be important for you to support and participate in improvement programs relating to staff development, accreditation, compliance and department processes.
To be successful in this role, you will have high quality coding skills and you will be able to work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role. You are motivated to expand your skill set.
- Relevant qualifications in Health Information Management or Clinical Coding
- Minimum 3 years of coding experience in an acute public or private hospital
- Comprehensive working knowledge of ICD-10-AM / ACHI and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound knowledge and understanding of DRG and Casemix
- Knowledge and understanding of current Privacy legislation
- Ability to liaise with clinicians and hospital staff about coding and documentation requirements
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, prioritisation and time management skills
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously as part of a small team
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
Benefits of Working at WPH include:
- Great people and friendly work environment with supportive management
- Close proximity to public transport
- Access to a range of health & well-being initiatives, staff discounts and benefits
CLOSING DATE: 18th February 2022 (or earlier if position is filled)
We are looking to start ASAP and will be interviewing suitable candidates as they apply.
Please submit your application, including cover letter, your resume and at least 2 current workplace referees, for the above position via: email@example.com