- Posted by:
Pursue your career and enjoy a fantastic lifestyle for the next 6 months with the Gippsland lakes and beaches, national parks and snowfields on your doorstep!
STATUS: Fixed, Short Term role, 30/11/2020 - 30/05/2021
HOURS: Part Time, 54.0 hours per fortnight available
A short term vacancy has arisen for a talented individual to join our Health Information Service team in this long service leave coverage position. We are seeking a motivated professional who has good clinical coding and Health Information Management skills and experience. If you are looking for a short term role and spending summer by the sea is appealing, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
In this role you will enjoy working within our friendly and dedicated team to provide timely and accurate analysis and coding of medical records and other HIM related tasks as required. Flexibility within the role exists dependant on the applicant's strengths and experience. This position offers a contract up to 54 hours per fortnight. Applications for a portion of these hours will be accepted.
This is a fantastic chance to continue your profession in a progressive environment and enjoy the benefits of living in a regional community in a beautiful part of Victoria.
Clinical Coders with a Certificate IV qualification are encouraged to contact the Chief Health Information Manager, Juliette Wenn (details below) to discuss potential opportunities in a similar role.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management
- A minimum of 12 months experience performing clinical coding and using grouping software preferred
- Good clinical coding and grouping software knowledge and skills with the ability to code moderate to complex patient episodes of care.
- Demonstrated good understanding of Victoria's public funding model.
- Good analytic skills with the ability to identify deficiencies in documentation and recognize the impact of DRG assignment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook including excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry skills. Experience working with electronic patient management programs is required. IPM and 3M encoder experience is an advantage.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to discuss coding issues effectively with clinicians.
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options
- Health and Wellbeing program
For more information on the position, please contact: Juliette Wenn, Chief Health Information Manager, on 03 5150 3493
Applications by close of business: Wednesday 11th November 2020
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume and response to the key selection criteria as listed in the position description and be submitted via our website.
Please read our application guidelines here
For information on East Gippsland visit https://www.liveeastgippsland.com.au/