- Posted by:
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours (Full time or part time)
- Minutes from Eastlink Freeway exit
- On-site car parking
- Collaborative and welcoming department with strong support and resources
Are you seeking a role that promotes work-life balance and rewards dedication?
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team. Your excellent time management and organisational skills, along with considerable clinical coding experience will ensure your success in this position.
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding across a range of specialities
- Participation in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Coding audits
Knox Private Hospitals is a 272 patient-bed facility and provides a large range of medical and acute services including; 12 theatres, a 24 hour Emergency Department, an on-site medical team, a 10-bed Intensive Care Unit, a 10-bed Coronary Care Unit and a brand new Day Procedure Unit.
In collaboration with a large range of accredited private specialists Knox Private are leaders in comprehensive range of medical and surgical specialities including, but not limited to, cardiology, cardiac and general surgery, gynaecology, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, urology, plastics and vascular surgery
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent) or HIMAA Certification in Clinical Coding (or equivalent).
- Proven recent experience in clinical coding using ICD-10-AM for a minimum of 2 years.
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder or a willingness to learn
- Confidence in using IT applications
- Strong organisational skills in planning and managing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Applicants are reminded to ensure they meet the Essential Criteria before applying.
- Sound Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Demonstrated understanding of WebPAS Patient Administration System
Applications close: 23rd April 2021
For further enquiries: Leanne Hawke, Chief Health Information Manager
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application process. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details for 2 professional referees.