- Posted by:
Mercy Health has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team
- Multiple permanent roles - 1.4 vacant EFT
- Based at Werribee Mercy Hospital with remote and cross-campus coding opportunities (Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg)
- Varied casemix including ICU
- Comprehensive training program and supportive culture
- Job variety with HIM portfolio opportunities in addition to coding allocation
- Ensure accurate completion of monthly ICD-10-AM coding within set deadlines
- Participation in coding quality audits
- Participation in quality management activities aimed at improving HIS service, systems and procedures
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent qualification with eligibility for full HIMAA Membership
- Previous coding experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite experience and Patient & Client Management System (PCMS) exposure, or the ability to pick up in-house systems quickly
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.