- Posted by:
- Flexibility and work-life balance with the opportunity to work at home as well as onsite
- Continuous professional development, education and support provided to encourage growth
- Enjoy the variety of coding a combined allocations list from 7 hospitals
At Epworth, we care.
We care about our patients and about our people. We care about innovating; staying ahead of the field. We care about your career development and progression, and nurturing your potential. And we care about giving the support and flexibility you need to thrive in our growing, fast-paced and ever-changing organisation.
In this permanent role, based at either Richmond, Eastern (Box Hill) or Geelong (Waurn Ponds) you will be predominately responsible for accurately coding medical records in accordance with the Australian Coding Standards. Using 3M Codefinder, you will be exposed to a diverse Casemix including Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Interventional Cardiology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Oncology, Obstetrics and Rehabilitation.
You will have access to our tailored education program, provided by our highly skilled education team. This program is driven by your previous experience, to match with the Epworth Casemix.
Join our innovative coding team supported by robotic assisted coding, artificial intelligence, and online coding audit tools, as we move towards being able to focus on the detail of clinical coding and remove the repetitiveness of admin processes.
You will make an impact by:
- Accurately coding episodes using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and the Australian Coding Standards as well relevant state, national and internal advice
- Ensuring all records are coded within specified timeframes
- Maintaining compliance with reporting requirements
- Ensuring the high quality of our coding by participating in our internal audit program
- Actively participate in training, quality and education activities
To be successful in this role…
You have a drive to enhance your skill set and build on your coding knowledge. You’re comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team. You understand how your role impacts the financial sustainability of the organisation and demonstrate a commitment to improving clinical coding. In return we will value you and your specialised skill set.
You will have:
- Proven high quality coding skills
- An excellent knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards
- Relevant qualifications in Health Information Management or Clinical Coding
- Previous coding experience in the public or private sector
- Experience with private sector funding models would be advantageous
At Epworth, everybody matters.
It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organisation that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Epworth Scholarship Program opportunities
- Above award rates
- Salary packaging benefits of $9,000
- Heavily reduced health services for you and your family
- Discounted private health insurance.
- Epworth My Benefits program with shopping, theatre, restaurants and sports ticket discounts
- Fitness Passport – discounted gym memberships
Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not for profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation at 11 locations across Melbourne and Geelong. At Epworth, our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Supported by world-class facilities, we integrate clinical practice with education and research in order to deliver outstanding patient care each and every day.
As a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), it is a condition of employment with Epworth HealthCare, subject to reasonable exemptions, that you have had COVID-19 vaccinations, including where recommended by public health authorities and booster vaccinations.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values. We focus on fairness and opportunity for all – across race, ability, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – that reflect the communities we work in. At Epworth, we care.