- Posted by:
A newly available opportunity awaits for an experienced Clinical Coder within a friendly and highly skilled team at Mulgrave Private Hospital.
Located in the South Eastern suburbs near the Eastern and Monash Freeways, Mulgrave Private has approximately 300 beds providing high level care across a wide casemix. Coders are part of a network of coding and HIM professionals across Australia providing a supportive environment in which to work.
Reporting to the Medical Records Manager, this role will involve a range of coding related activities with scope to further expand skills in different areas of coding/casemix and Health Information Services. You will play a key role in determining appropriate DRG allocation, optimising coding throughput, ensuring targets and key performance indicators are met and participating in routine coding quality improvement activities.
- Completion of a recognised coding course (HIMAA, Bachelor/Masters HIM)
- Sound knowledge of ICD-10-AM, Australian Coding standards and National/State coding advice
- 2 years coding experience within a similar Casemix
- A ‘can do’ approach and willingness to learn
- Ability to give and received feedback and desire to continually build knowledge and coding skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
- Experience in the Hospitals Patient Information System – WebPAS
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
22nd January, 2021
All written applications must address and meet essential criteria.
Applications must include current CV and names of at least 2 professional referees.
Position enquiries / job description and applications
Medical Records Manager, Mulgrave Private Hospital