- Posted by:
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join the friendly and supportive Eastern Health coding team that is committed to on-going professional development. Clinical coding is the primary responsibility within this role.
Utilising both a scanned and electronic medical record, you will be exposed to a diverse casemix and will be provided with ongoing education and support through the EH coding training program, lead by a team of experienced Coding Coordinators. You will need to be highly motivated, energetic, have a strong desire to learn and be adaptive to change. Flexible working arrangements and opportunity to work from home are available.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
- Ensure timely, comprehensive and accurate coding of inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM
- Participation in quality and education activities.
- Maintenance of current knowledge in all aspects of health information management
- Eligible for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Commitment to quality and ongoing education
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to determine priorities, achieve targets, meet deadlines and adapt to change
- Comprehensive knowledge of current ICD-10-AM coding standards and guidelines
- Strong computer literacy
- Experience utilising an electronic and scanned medical record
Salary is in accordance with the Health Professional Services Award and will be dependent on experience.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. This offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to commencing employment
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence