- Posted by:
Do you have a passion for coding? Do you love data? Is forms management an area of interest?
- Join SVHM with opportunities in clinical coding, statutory reporting and forms management
- 2.0 FTE available
- Permanent part-time, full-time positions will be considered
About Health Information Services
Health Information Services (HIS) is a busy department providing a range of services to SVHM and external providers.
Join this well-established team with a renewed focus on creating ‘the best place to work for outstanding people’ through SVHA People Strategy. SVHM recognises wellbeing and work life balance; supporting individual flexible arrangements that work best for both SVHM and our employees.
About the Role
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, SVHM offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU. Our coding team say this is one of the best parts of working at SVHM!
A commitment to continuous improvement, SVHM is also actively advancing education and technology to support our coding and audit work and progressing transition to Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
You will be supported in your role by a friendly, experienced, supportive team of 21 HIMs/Clinical coders, coding educators and coding auditors.
Duties will be negotiated based on applicant interest and experience;
- Clinical coding
- Data reporting
- Forms management (paper based and electronic)
- Ad hoc projects as required
Classifications for this position will range from JA1-JB1($61,334 - $95,825 per annum dependent upon qualifications and experience).
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Health Information Management or Clinical Coding
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of a varied tertiary hospital casemix (desirable)
- Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and car par
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Employee Assistance Program
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. As one of the world’s top 100 hospitals, St Vincent’s core business is patient care delivery, research and education. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).