- Posted by:
A newly available opportunity awaits for a Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder within a friendly and highly skilled team at Healthe Care.
Predominantly supporting Hobson’s day surgery hospitals (Altona/Werribee/Sydenham) and Epping Private in a remote capacity, an organised and efficient HIM or Coder is required to perform coding, reporting and release of information tasks. As a large group of coding and HIM professionals across Australia, we provide a supportive environment in which to work and opportunities to assist across all acute sites to broaden your coding skills and clinical knowledge.
Reporting to the National Health Information Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring targets and key performance indicators are met and participating in routine coding quality improvement activities.
- Completion of a recognised coding course (Cert IV, Bachelor/Masters HIM)
- Sound knowledge of ICD-10-AM, Australian Coding standards and National/State coding advice
- Coding experience within a similar Casemix
- A ‘can do’ approach and willingness to learn
- Ability to give and receive feedback and desire to continually build knowledge and coding skills
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve to achieve targets
- Experience in the Hospitals Patient Information System – WebPAS
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of State and Commonwealth Legislation on Privacy and Confidentiality
- Experience in Electronic ICD10am either Turbocoder or CodeExpert
Written applications addressing essential criteria can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with current CV and names of 2 professional referees.