- June 12, 2020
- Posted by:
Are you a competent people manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills? An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager to join our professional team.
To be successful in this position, considerable experience in clinical coding, strong time management and problem solving skills will be required.
As a Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
Newcastle Private Hospital is the largest private hospital in regional NSW. The hospital is conveniently located on the campus of the John Hunter Hospital, New Lambton Heights. With a focus on continual quality improvement and performance outcomes, we offer the highest standards of health care and technology in obstetric, surgical, medical, oncology and rehabilitation services.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Experience in coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM , ACHI & ACS
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system