- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Werribee Mercy Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager with a passion for coding, to join our Health Information Service team based at our Werribee campus.
This position works within the Health Information Services department based at Werribee Mercy Hospital. Mercy Health utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders are supported by a Coding Quality Manager, Coding Auditors and Educators within our team and a comprehensive training program is undertaken for all new staff. The option to work some hours from home can be considered for our staff.
Werribee Mercy Hospital offers a varied case mix complexity including obstetrrics, paediatrics, gynaecology, general surgery and medical, orthopaedics, respiratory, palliative care, geriatrics and rehabilitation, mental health and ICU.
- Fixed Term 12 months Maternity Leave Cover, 80 hours per fortnight (Inc. ADO)
- Ensure completion of monthly ICD-10-AM coding within set deadlines and to participate and report on quality coding and casemix reviews and audits.
- Participate in quality management studies aimed at improving HIS service, systems and procedures towards better internal and external HIS customer service
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent with eligibility for full HIMAA Membership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM coding and casemix.
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite experience, 3M codefinder and Patient & Client Management System (PCMS) exposure, or the ability to pick up in-house systems quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand new systems
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Danielle Pilovski, Manager Health Information Services
- DPilovski@mercy.com.au, 8754 3612