- Posted by:
We’re seeking an experienced Health Information Manager to join our growing team in Melbourne. You will be required to provide industry advice into the further development and management of Code Focus.
Our principal product, Code Focus (www.codefocus.com.au) is a subscription-based, coding and auditing management tool. Code Focus is designed to manage the coding and auditing functions for Health Information Services departments within Australian hospitals - and similar acute healthcare settings - where the Casemix or Weighted Inlier Equivalent Separation (WIES), Activity Based funding models are in place. Code Focus connects directly to a Hospital’s Patient Administration System (PAS) and provides real-time key operational and performance reporting metrics.
Role / Responsibilities
- Client relationship management, including requirements gathering and prioritisation of enhancements and incidents
- Assisting in the implementation of Code Focus
- Coordinating weekly team meetings
- Coordination and prioritisation of service desk enquiries
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager
Required skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of the public and private health service funding arrangements
- Knowledge of hospital and HIS processes
- Knowledge of activity-based funding
- Understanding of clinical coding and casemix within Victorian government
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collorabratively in a team
Desired skills and knowledge
- Project management experience
- Understanding of interstate activity-based funding models (e.g. National Weighted Activity Units NWAU)
- Foundation knowledge of health integration concepts with health (HL7 messaging)
Desired qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in clinical coding
If you are looking for your next challenge, a self-starter, innovative thinker and passionate about making a difference then this could be the role for you.