- Posted by:
Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder
- Above award salary
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home
- Multiple full time positions available (ongoing and fixed term)
- Enjoy salary packaging, onsite discounted car parking, monthly ADOs
- Centrally located at Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus - Parkville
Our large, diverse and inclusive team of Health Information Managers enjoy making a difference, have a real commitment to high quality clinical coding and working as a team. You will be well supported by the experienced coding leadership team, to help and guide you with your coding. The Royal Melbourne Hospital has a world class Electronic Medical Record, including coding related work queues to assist with our daily processes.
This is a great opportunity to work in central Melbourne and be part of a world renowned hospital.
Your new role
The Coding Service is currently recruiting experienced Health Information Managers/Clinical Coder to join their dedicated team.
This is an exciting opportunity for motivated Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders to advance their career as part of a prestigious, values based organisation. You’ll be involved in:
- Abstracting and coding challenging and varied casemix
- Utilising 3M Codefinder as your coding tool
- Quality and optimisation audits to assist with the application of consistent coding standards amongst the team
- Maintaining regular communication with clinicians throughout RMH to educate and improve on our clinical documentation
- Personal, one on one training program with an assigned Coding Educator to focus on individual needs and growth
- Working collaboratively within small groups to problem solve coding questions and discuss processes
- Involvement in team leadership activities such as ensuring the team meets monthly coding deadlines by co-ordinating end of month coding
- A culturally and gender balanced team that fosters innovation, team work and creativity
You have completed a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent, as well as:
- Previous experience in a similar coding position
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Australian Coding Standards and Victorian and Nation specific coding advice
- Understanding of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset (VAED), the Policy and Funding Guidelines and the VAED Criteria for Reporting
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- City location with access to public transport
- Health and wellbeing programs including staff gym, staff health service and peer support program
- Discounted staff parking
- Above award salary + salary packaging + monthly ADOs
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination (3 x doses) prior to commencement.