- March 5, 2020
- Posted by:
Health Information Manager
Permanent Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Health Information Manager to join our team at Wollongong Private Hospital.
About the Role
Wollongong Private is seeking a full time Health Information Manager to oversee the management of the medical records department at Wollongong Private Hospital, Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital and Figtree Private Hospital. With the implementation of a digital project on the horizon, this role will provide the opportunity to be involved in the development of digital patient systems that support overall hospital processes. Note that travel across multiple hospital sites will be required. Some of the duties may include:
- Overseeing the administrative functions and general management of the medical records department including ensuring policies and procedures are fully complied with
- Identification and implementation of quality improvement projects
- Preparation of clinical indicator data
- Preparation of reports as requested by departments
- Actioning medicolegal and other requests for information
- Following up coding and billings queries
To succeed in this role you will be experienced with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities. You will have excellent organisations skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical coding and ICD-10-AM and hospital billing processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing a busy health information services department
- Experience in identifying and implementing quality improvement projects
- Experience in implementing quality improvement projects and change management
- Experience in multi site management
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more. [link removed]
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator,
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way [link removed] philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Lauren Brown Health Information Manager, BrownLauren@ramsayhealth.com.au